This video will show you how to connect TRIKDIS Ethernet communicator E16 to control panel Honeywell Vista (48) and to Protegus.
“Ethernet” communicator E16 directly connects to supported DSC, Paradox, UTC Interlogix (CADDX), Innerrange, Texecom, Honeywell, Crow and Pyronix alarm control panels.
Communicator also works with Protegus Android / Iphone and web app. With Protegus users can control their alarm system and appliances remotely and get notifications about security system events. Protegus app is compatible with all security alarm panels from various manufacturers that are supported by the E16 communicator. Communicator can transmit event notifications to the Central Monitoring Station and work with Protegus simultaneously.
Communicator transmits full event information to the Central Monitoring Station.
- Ethernet, IP-based communicator compatible with the popular security control panels from major manufacturers
- Uniquely this communicator is wired to the control panels data bus or serial port instead of , it is not a TIP RING, which results faster communication
- Sends events to TRIKDIS software or hardware receivers that work with any monitoring software.
- Can send event messages to universal SIA DC-09 and SUR-GUARD TL150 receivers
- The module transmits the messages of the control panel to the monitoring station in Contact ID code format
- Connection supervision by polling to IP receiver every 30 seconds (or by user-defined period).
- Backup channel, that will be used if connection with the primary channel is lost.
- With parallel communication channels events can be sent to two receivers at the same time.
- When Protegus service is enabled, events are first delivered to CMS, and only then are sent to app users.
- No fixed IP nor dynamic DNS is required, the messages are transmitted by the Protegus server securely
Works with Protegus app:
- Users are notified about events and can control the system via the free Protegus Android / Iphone and web app
- “Push” and special sound notifications informing about events.
- Remote system Arm/Disarm.
Remote control of connected devices (lights, gates, ventilation systems, heating, sprinklers, etc.).
- Remote temperature monitoring (with iO or iO-WL expanders).
- Users can be notified about events with Protegus app.
Controllable outputs and inputs:
- 3 double I/O terminals that can be set either as input (IN) or controllable output (OUT) terminals.
- Outputs controlled by the Protegus app.
- Add additional inputs and controllable outputs with wired and wireless iO expanders via RS485 port
- Settings can be saved to file and quickly written to other communicators.
- Two access levels for configuring the device for CMS administrator and for the installer.
- Quick and easy configuration and firmware updates via USB or remotely after initial setup with Trikdis programming software.
What does Data Bus or Serial port connection mean?
The communicator understands the inner language of the control panel (one-way communicaton). Like keypads or other peripherals, the communicator also sees the events sent by the control panel and transmits them according to the settings.
Direct Control offers even more. The communicator not only
receives the notifications from the control panel, but also some of the
functions on the keypad is available (two-way
communication). These are
- Arming / disarming the system or a partitions using the user keypad code
- Sensing the status of zones
- Zone bypass
- Automatic partition and zone mapping
Data Bus or serial port connectable and Direct Controllable Security Control panels
Direct controllable models are underlined